APNs provide a benefit to both the patient and to health care providers. The APN works directly with VCH staff and other health care service providers to make sure Aboriginal patients get the best care possible.
- Help staff create a personal plan when a patient leaves a hospital or care program.
- Help VCH health care teams understand and work with Aboriginal health practices and beliefs.
- Assist staff if a patient or family member requests access to an Elder or a traditional ceremony such as:
- cedar and eagle fan brushings,
- blanketing, medicine bundles, or
- talking circles.
2750 East Hasting St
Services available in these languages
Last updated: January 20, 2021
Request changes —