Social Media Toolkit
We're thrilled to announce the official launch of MindMapBC! If you're as excited as we are, we would love for you to help spread the word by sharing MindMapBC through your social media channels, websites, or newsletters. To help you with this, we have created a number of promotional resources (e.g. images, messages, and descriptions) which you can access below.
For more information about how to use these shareables or how to help share MindMapBC in your networks, please contact email@example.com or Sarah Watt, Research Coordinator, at Sarah.Watt@bccdc.ca.
You can use the following URL to direct people to the site: https://www.mindmapbc.ca
MindMapBC is a collaboration between the Health Initiative for Men, the Community-Based Research Centre, and Simon Fraser University. We'll be promoting MindMapBC on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - help us spread the message by liking, sharing, and retweeting! Stay connected by following us on social media:
Health Initiative for Men
Community-Based Research Centre
Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University
Example Social Media Messages
Feel free to use the following messages when sharing MindMapBC among your networks.
- Finding a mental health provider who you trust isn't always easy; explore accessible, LGBTQ2+-affirming mental health services on MindMapBC.
- Looking for mental health support but don't know where to start? MindMapBC is a service directory of accessible, LGBTQ2+-affirming mental health services in the Lower Mainland.
- Staying home doesn't have to mean being alone. Many mental health providers in BC are avaialble via remote platforms. Find remote mental health servcies on MindMapBC.
- Staying home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19? Find a counsellor you can talk to from the safety of your home by exploring remote mental health servcies on MindMapBC.
- For many of us, the COVID-19 pandemic has brought stress, anxiety, and isolation. Don't struggle alone; find mental health supports at MindMapBC.
- Stress, anxiety, loneliness, depression - this year, more than ever, the winter season can challenge our mental health and well-being. Find the mental health supports you need through MindMapBC.
Sample Newsletter Summary
MindMapBC is a mental health service finder which helps people locate appropriate and accessible mental health services. It can be difficult to access mental health services, especially those that are affirming of LGBTQ2 (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, Two-Spirit, and other gender- and sexually-diverse) people. In addition to barriers that are commonly experienced by people of all sexual orientations and gender identities (e.g., cost, accessible location, embarrassment/shame), LGBTQ2+ people often face added barriers when navigating mental health supports. MindMapBC helps users to locate mental health services that are accessible, free or low-cost, and/or LGBTQ2+-affirming. Learn more at https://www.mindmapbc.ca.
Download the images below or explore other images to share on social media platforms!