The Kettle Society is a charitable organization and society located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
We work with people living with mental illness, poverty, homelessness, and substance use. We serve 5,000 individuals each year, manage over 400 units of supportive housing, and operate a Mental Health Drop-In Centre that provides meals every day of the year. We also provide Advocacy services, an ID Bank, Homeless Outreach, a women’s transition house, Health Clinic, volunteer program, and supported employment.
Every program and service we offer is guided by the following values:
- We value a client-centred approach—we use a self-empowerment model, recognizing that people are the experts in their own lives. We help our clients to develop new skills and confidence.
- We value a non-judgmental, respectful and compassionate approach—we treat our clients with respect and dignity.
- We value every person’s right to the dignity of having a home—we believe that everyone has the right to a safe place to live.
- We value professional integrity and consistency—we demonstrate integrity in our work.
- We value safety—clients in our programs experience a sense of safety that they may not have experienced in the community.
1725 Venables St
Last updated: December 14, 2020
Request changes —