The British Columbia Society for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse (BCSMSSA) is a non-profit society established to provide therapeutic services for males who have been sexually abused at some time in their lives. As specifically outlined in their constitution, their purposes are to:
- Provide treatment and support services to male survivors of sexual abuse and support significant-others and relatives of the survivors.
- Acquire and develop educational material concerning sexual abuse of males.
- Gather statistics for dissemination to professionals and the community at large.
- Assist in establishing within British Columbia new agencies dealing with male survivors of sexual abuse by providing training opportunities, whenever possible, to interested personnel.
- Ensure clear, consistent communication in dealing with other involved agencies or professionals in order to guarantee comprehensive case management.
- Consult with community and government groups in the areas of prevention, treatment, therapy, and other matters relating to sexual abuse of males.
3126 W Broadway
Last updated: December 8, 2020
Request changes —